A Guide to Advance Care Planning
Advance Care Planning Guide
Order your copy from
ServiceOntario Publications or call 1-888-910-1999 and the Seniors' INFOline will help you.
View it in:
- Why Do Advance Care Planning
- Making Personal Care Choices
- Communicating Your Choices
- When Advance Care Choices Take Effect
- Choosing Your Substitute Decision-Maker
- How to Give Your Substitute Decision-Maker Power to Act for You
- Carrying Out Your Care Choices
- If You Don't Appoint a Substitute Decision-Maker
- Steps in Advance Care Planning
- Where to Get More Information
- Summary of Steps in Advance Care Planning
- Alphabetical Listing of Contacts
Of all the choices you make in life, among the most important could be the choices you make now about your future personal care.
The government of Ontario has produced the Guide to Advance Care Planning as part of Ontario's Strategy for Alzheimer Disease and Related Dementias. It provides valuable information for seniors on making choices about personal care including health care (treatment and services), food, living arrangements and housing, clothing, hygiene and safety.
It also provides sources of further information, and a list of important contacts seniors should know about.