Ontario is proposing to help more seniors stay connected to the community by doubling its funding to the Seniors Community Grant Program, the province’s first grant program dedicated solely to seniors.
The Seniors Community Grant Program funds projects by not-for-profit community groups that help seniors stay connected and involved in their community by encouraging greater social inclusion, volunteerism and community engagement. This could include community events and courses for seniors on financial literacy.
- April 4, 2014 News Release
- Read Minister Sergio’s Statement to the Legislature regarding the Seniors Community Grant Program.
- Read the program guidelines and get the application form and guide at www.oacao.org
- February 21, 2014 News Release
- February 21, 2014 Backgrounder
- Information sheet